Tokyo Olympics from four perspectives: 1. company worker in Tokyo

   There are many opinions about the Tokyo Olympic controversies, from positive to negative, or neither. Some are looking forward for it, others are worried or totally disagree with having the games in Tokyo, and of course, there are many other voices as well. In this post and the following three posts, I will introduce you to four different voices by stepping into their shoes, based on some background information.
   The perspectives I will present are:
1. company worker living in Tokyo (this post)
2. printing company
3. tourist from America
4. Tokyo Metropolitan Government

--------------------------------------------------

I am a citizen of Tokyo, and I am not so enthusiastic about having the games in Tokyo. First, like the governor of Tokyo announced the other day, our taxes will be used. There are way too many other places to spend money on, like establishing more preschools, and ensuring pension. Second, since large number of people are expected to visit Tokyo, I am worried that public transportation would be crowded with people (which it already is during rush hours), and it may be difficult for people to book accommodation facilities. As a worker, I am most worried about this issue, for I use the train everyday to work, and my clients from everywhere around Japan use hotels on their business trips. Finally, I am concerned about the hygiene control. Many people simply means more trash emissions, and more trash means poor hygiene. Also, people will be coming from all over the world, and we can't deny the possibility of unfamiliar illnesses, even with some measures at airports, it cannot be prevented 100%. 


reference:
Sekiguchi, K. (2016, November 16). 東京オリンピック・パラリンピックは1兆円以上が都民の負担?!. Retrieved June 21, 2017, from http://www.asahi.com/and_M/interest/SDI2016111524071.html
日本経済新聞. (2017, January 5). 国内ホテル、20年までに6万室増 五輪時なお不足. Retrieved June 21, 2017, from http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLZO11319460U7A100C1MM8000/
(I'm sorry they are both in Japanese)



------------------------------

posted by moe

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Answers to the 15 questions part3

results of my survey